The University Libraries are fighting back against rising textbook costs using open educational resources (OERs). Miami University faculty are invited to participate in the OER Explore Workshop help Tuesday, May 15 from 2-4 p.m. at the [Voice of America Learning Center](https://miamioh.edu/regionals/about/visit-miami-regionals/maps-and-directions/voalc/index.html). During the two-hour session, they will learn about textbook affordability issues and open textbooks resources. Faculty are eligible to receive a $200 stipend toward their efforts in exploring open textbook options for one of their courses by participating in the workshop and writing a review of an open textbooks found in the Open Textbook Library (OTL) after attending. Faculty can apply for the workshop [using this online form](https://form.jotform.com/81064077405150). Capacity is limited, and preference will be given based on OTL textbook subject area availability. Those selected to participate will be notified by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 4\. In an effort to promote widespread participation in the initiative, faculty who have participated in previous OER Explore Workshops will not be eligible for this cycle. Faculty must both participate in the workshop and complete a review of an open textbook in the OTL in order to be eligible for the $200 stipend. Questions about the workshop or about open textbooks in general can be directed to Carla Myers, coordinator of scholarly communications at [(513) 529-3935](tel:+15135293935) or [myersc2@MiamiOH.edu](mailto:email@example.com). The Spring 2018 OER Explore Workshop is sponsored by Miami University Libraries, Miami University's Regional Campuses, and Miami University's Office of the Provost.
- Nov 14, 2023: Celebrating the Importance of Walter Havighurst Special Collections and University Archives
- Oct 9, 2023: New Books at Miami slated for Nov. 15
- Oct 4, 2023: Renovation begins on part of King Library's first floor
- Sep 26, 2023: Catalyst strategic plan rockets into year four
- Sep 6, 2023: Celebrate 50 years of the Walter Havighurst Special Collections and Archives
- Aug 22, 2023: Support the Libraries for #MoveInMiami on Thursday, Aug. 24!